Affirming its position as one of the leading hotel management companies in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and Eastern Europe, Rotana scooped a total of 15 awards at the Middle East Gala Ceremony of the World Travel Awards (WTA) 2016, including being named the “Middle East’s Leading Hotel Brand” for a record-extending 10th straight year.
Known as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards is the most prestigious awards programme for the global travel industry, rewarding leaders in the tourism, airline, hotel and hospitality sectors around the world. The awards were presented at a gala ceremony held yesterday in Dubai.
In addition to bagging four major regional awards - including “Middle East's Leading Hotel Brand”; “Middle East's Leading Corporate Resort” for Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi; “Middle East's Leading Luxury Hotel Apartments” for Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai Media City; and “Middle East's Leading City Hotel for Al Bustan Rotana, Dubai – Rotana took home 11 awards in country- and city-based categories at this year’s awards.
Commenting on the company’s stellar showing at WTA 2016, Nasser Al Nowais, Chairman of Rotana, said: “The World Travel Awards is recognised as the ultimate hallmark of quality, and it’s a source of pride for all of us at Rotana that we have once again been singled out as the region’s leading hotel brand at such a prestigious awards program. At Rotana we have always believed that satisfied guests are our best advertising, and we view these awards as a natural corollary to our success in consistently delivering world-class experiences to our guests, across the breadth of our portfolio.”
He added, “Rotana has managed to sustain its strong performance despite the challenging global economic environment, which really speaks to the strength of our business model in weathering market volatility as well as our ability to both maintain a consistent brand appeal and deliver truly exceptional guest experiences. As we move ahead with our ambitious expansion plan, creating unique and memorable experiences for each guest that stays at Rotana properties across the globe will continue to remain at the core of our value proposition.”
The full list of awards won by Rotana at World Travel Awards 2016 is as follows:
- Middle East's Leading Hotel Brand - Rotana Hotels
- Middle East's Leading Corporate Resort - Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi
- Middle East's Leading Luxury Hotel Apartments - Arjaan by Rotana, DMC, Dubai
- Lebanon's Leading Business Hotel - Gefinor Rotana, Beirut
- Iraq's Leading Hotel - Erbil Rotana Hotel
- UAE's Leading Family Resort - Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa, Al Aqah Beach
- UAE's Leading Business Hotel - Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi
- Al Ain’s Leading Hotel - Hili Rayhaan by Rotana
- Makkah’s Leading Hotel - Al Marwa Rayhaan by Rotana
- Bahrain’s Leading Hotel - ART Rotana, Amwaj Island
- Oman’s Leading Beach Resort - Salalah Rotana Resort
- Jordan’s Leading Serviced Apartments - The Boulevard Arjaan by Rotana
- Dubai's Leading Luxury City Hotel - Media Rotana
- UAE’s Leading City Hotel - Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana
The Middle East Gala Ceremony marks the opening leg of WTA’s 2016 Grand Tour - a year-long global search for the world’s finest travel, tourism and hospitality organisations, and covering seven continents.