|Top Attractions in Bahrain|
Bahrain offers a fascinating blend of eastern and western cultures, as high rise buildings vie for space with more traditional dwellings, while ancient traditions and historic sites sit side-by-side with modern developments and lifestyles.
Key attractions to visit include:
- Water Garden City: Bringing together the vital elements of water, garden and city, this breathtaking development is a sustainable vibrant activity hub where locals and visitors can live, work, play, learn and socialize. Rising from the sea off the north shore of Bahrain, Water Garden City occupies the best location in the Kingdom; Manama’s social centre, the Seef District.
- Manama Souq: Discover exceptional deals, while experiencing a traditional Arab market at Manama Souq in the north of Manama. Situated in the streets behind Bab al-Bahrain, this bustling bazaar-like shopping area features everything from electronics and clothing to jewelry and spices. It's also a must-see cultural hotspot with compelling sights, sounds and smells that blend to create one of the region's most enchanting urban attractions.
- Al Dana Amphitheatre: Carved from the rock of the spectacular Sahkir desert, Al Dana Amphitheatre is Bahrain’s most exciting live entertainment destination that merges the desert landscape with state-of-the-art technology. It offers four dynamic event spaces - the breath-taking open-air Amphitheatre, the extraordinary Quarry Lounge, the refreshing Desert Garden and the spacious open-air Plaza. Catering for everything from iconic star-studded concerts to special indoor celebrations, Al Dana amphitheater seeks to ignite the imaginations of guests and artists alike, creating magical and unforgettable moments in a one-of-a-kind setting.
- Bahrain Fort: Originally an Islamic fort dates back to the 16th century AD and once thought to be the centre of power for the ancient Dilmun civilisation, Qal’at al Bahrain, has UNESCO World Heritage status. The museum showcases archaeological discoveries from different civilisations that successively occupied the site.
- Bahrain National Museum: Established in December 1988, is the oldest and largest public museum in the Kingdom. There are 5 main display halls, 3 dedicated to archaeological artefacts covering 6,000 years of Bahrain’s history and 2 additional halls devoted to Bahrain’s current lifestyle and culture. Particular points of interest are local flora and fauna specimens, old Quranic Manuscripts and archaeological artefacts such as Dilmun currency, tools, pearls, pottery and art.
- The Tree of Life: Also known in Arabic as ‘’Shajarat-al-Hayat’’, is probably the most iconic tree in Bahrain, estimated to be 400 years old and reaching 9.7m in height. It grows in the middle of Bahrain desert with no known water source nearby, located 2km from Jebel Dukhan (The Mountain of Smoke). The tree flowers twice a year during the rainy season in Bahrain and is covered in green foliage year round.
- Bahrain International Circuit: Which brings in thousands of visitors every year for the Formula One Gulf Air Grand Prix. Outside of the race season, there are other thrill experiences to enjoy here, including taking the wheel on the state-of-the-art go-karting track, ride in the passenger seat of a Hummer over an adrenalin-pumping 4x4 course, or test drive some of the race cars on the F1 main track.
The Ghabga Experience
Experience a delightful Ghabga experience by the pool ]
Ramadan Stay At Downtown Rotana
Stay at the heart of Manama this Ramadan and save ]
Thursday Seafood Night
Enjoy a delightful seafood experience every Thursday ]
Break your fast with those you love at Downtown Rotana this Ramadan ]
Group Ramadan Experience
Groups can now dine at affordable rates this Ramadan ]
Themed Lunch Buffet Experience
A delightful lunch buffet awaits you at Flavours on 2 every Satuday to Thursday ]
Ladies Night at Teatro
Unlimited flow of cocktails for ladies every Wednesday ]
Infinite Sushi Night
The cure to your Sushi cravings is soon to touch down in Downtown Rotana ]
Seafood Friday Brunch
Any seafood lovers in the house? Welcome to Seafood Friday Brunch at Flavours on 2 ]
A variety of treatments will enliven body, mind and spirit ]